An Autumn/Winter Kiss and Glow with NYX



'Tis the season not to be selfish! Until you walk into your local Boots store and notice that something has changed. Like a huge brand spanking new NYX counter located in the middle of the shop. 

NYX has never been a brand that I have paid much attention to. This is purely down to the fact that it has never been entirely accessible to us Brits. However, on my adventure to kick off the Christmas shopping last week, I set my eyes upon the new counter in Boots Manchester Market Street. And let me tell you, a lot of joy was sparked!

This chic and not to mention affordable make-up brand have everything you could ever want as a beauty lover. Ranges and ranges of lipsticks, eyeshadow pencils, palettes, singles, contour kits, highlighters, foundations, concealers and more. I knew I couldn't be massively greedy, so I picked up the Born To Glow Liquid Illuminator in Gleam (£7.00) and three of the Liquid Suede Cream Lipsticks (£6.50) in 03 Cherry Skies, 07 Sandstorm and 12 Vintage. Because I'm weak for any lipstick that comes in liquid form.



Born To Glow is a liquid illuminator that can be used either underneath your foundation or over the top of it.

I've been applying it to the high points of my cheeks with a BeautyBlender, resulting in a slightly dewy and subtle highlight. It's pretty and cheap, but I'm still on the hunt for the perfect highlighter for my skin tone. Suggestions?

NYX Liquid Suede, welcome to Ella's liquid lipstick family. 07 Sandstorm is a mocha shade, 03 Cherry Skies is a deep red that is similar to MAC's Diva and 12 Vintage is a beautiful dark plum. If lipstick's could talk, they would scream Autumn/Winter. The formula is extremely opaque and the large doe foot applicator makes the product really nice to apply. The Liquid Suede's have a demi-matte finish that is neither hydrating nor drying. They're a comfortable wear. But one thing to be noted is that the staying power isn't great, even when you use a lip liner to boost their durability. If you're going out for dinner or for drinks put the shade in your purse for touch ups! Especially if you're wearing one of the bolder colours of the bunch.

I now have my eye on the single eyeshadows, the contour kit (Obvs!) and yet another Liquid Suede in a rather daring purple.

If you're in the Manchester area then definitely go to the Market Street Boots for a gander. Prepare yourself for your mind to be blown!

Have you tried NYX? What are your favourite products?






Post a Comment