An exciting splurge: Double Exposure


The other week I had one of those 'I shouldn't, but i'm going to anyway' moments when I walked into Boots and saw (and grabbed might I add) this beauty at the Smashbox stand. As you can see from the tiny bit of mess on the palette in the picture below I have had a few dabbles into it and i'm really liking it. This product is so versatile in terms of the looks that you can create with it. Whether it be a light or dark look or a day to night look. There is also a nice balance between the cool and dark shades available to you. But it gets better, I didn't realise this before I bought it, but 14 shades turn into 28 with a sprinkle of water to your make up brush. However, the shades react differently. For example, there is either added sparkle, a transformation into a metallic finish, amped up vibrancy or added depth. Amazing!

Top Row L-R: Silver, Mauve, Peony, Blanc, Quartz, Flushed, Veiled
Bottom Row L-R: Midnight, Temper, Haze, Noir, Copper, Fig, Espresso
As mentioned in my last post i'm a hoarder of bronzy warm toned eyeshadows. (It's evident in the picture below that I jumped straight into the warmer shades when I first used it!). So I wanted to go for something different, but not too different. This was the reason I chose to go for the Double Exposure instead of the Full Exposure. There are some lovely shades in this palette and a great one to use if you're wanting to experiment with colour during the Spring/Summer months.


The Palette comes with a double sided brush, one end is slanted and the other is more of a smudger brush which are both great tools for adding shadow under the eye to create a level of depth to the look.

At  £37.00 this was most definitely a splurge, but it is a great palette and it was an opportunity to wrack up the Boots Advantage Points, my favourite!

Ella xx




Post a Comment