The All-Rounder Oil Of Your Dreams



The Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream range has been a hit with people of all ages for years. The first item I purchased from the line was the Nourishing Lip Balm (Intensive Lip Repair). I felt squeamish as I bought it because I have never paid anywhere near £20.00 for a lip balm before. Nevertheless I can safely say that I would pay the price over and over again. It's the only lip care product that works for me and it has swiftly become one of my cult beauty favourites.

Last week I was mailed a big red metallic envelope that contained a white box with a big red ribbon around it and a tag that read 'Elizabeth Arden'. I was majorly excited to say the least. Inside of the box was this new All-Over Miracle Oil for Face, Body and Hair. I read the information in the box and a few bits online and was instantly intrigued by the product. I think that one of the main reasons for the success of the Eight-Hour range isn't only down to the sheer awesomeness of the products but also their impressive versatility. 



After a week of trialling and testing, I wanted to get a post up ASAP. Let's begin...

The product comes in the Elizabeth Arden staple box outer packaging. The frosted bottle itself is extremely light, making it the perfect travel companion and an in-flight must. I also really like the spray applicator because it makes it so easy to distribute the product.

Along with the Eight-Hour theme, Elizabeth Arden say that there are 8 different ways of using this oil:

1. All over moisturiser 
2. Conquers any patches of dry skin
3. Adds shine to dry and dull hair
4. Massage oil to relieve stress
5. It has a 'feel good' scent
6. Cuticle oil
7. Results in a silky finish post shaving
8. Creates a natural radiance to the skin

I am yet to try the oil on my hair but I've given it a good go on my face, body and cuticles. 

The All-Over Miracle Oil is the perfect product to rejuvenate the skin and prep it in time for Spring. It contains Tsubaki Oil which is extracted from the Camellia flower. If you have read my recent post on The Body Shop's Japanese Camellia body cream then you should know that any skincare/bodycare that contains this has me sold! I suffer from dry patches on my skin so I spray this directly onto my limbs but concentrate the product mostly on my elbows and knees which are the areas that need the most care. So far it has done a lovely job of soothing and moisturising. It also adds a slight glow to the skin which is always needed during the Winter months. 

As a severe nail biter (I know, it's bad), this oil works wonders on my cuticles. I find that when I have moisturised cuticles it helps to stop the biting and the pain of having sore fingertips. Here's to long and healthy nails for Spring! Fingers and toes are tightly crossed.

I have also been using this as a night time facial oil. I put a maximum of 1-2 sprays into my hands before I warm the product up with my palms and firmly press it into the skin. Because it has a slightly heavier texture than most facial oils I think that it works best in my night time skincare routine as it gives the product more time to fully soak into the skin. The oil also has a super soothing scent to it that can be quite calming before you jump into bed. My face feels like a peach in the mornings and who doesn't want that?


I think that this is a great all-rounder oil. You can use it just about everywhere on the body (refrain from spraying in the eyes) and it does what it says on the tin. My next step is to try this on my hair but I might wait until I fly off on my holidays. I can imagine that this is the perfect product to throw into your beach bag.

How much and where can I buy it from? - You can buy this from the Elizabeth Arden website, your local Boots store or from online beauty retailers such as FeelUnique.com for £29.00. The versatile nature of this oil adds value. For a mid range oil I think that it is very reasonably priced and is in sync with the other products that are in the range.

Have you tried the new Elizabeth Arden All-Over Miracle Oil yet? Find it here

Happy Weekend :) x

Post a Comment