Sensational?



When it comes to drugstore mascara's, I never usually stray far from Seventeen's Falsieye HD! in Blackest Black. However, when I saw this pretty pearly pink Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara on the shelves of Boots I decided to pick it up and give it a whirl. Admittedly, before writing this post I realised that I picked up the waterproof version, oops. But i'll go ahead and give you my thoughts.

I was apprehensive on whether to buy this as I haven't been majorly blown away by a Maybelline mascara for yonks, but after a few weeks of experimenting, I have come to my final verdict.

The mascara is presented to you in your typical Maybelline oval-ly packaging. (That word definitely isn't in the Oxford Dictionary.) I am a fan of the design but I equally find it to be quite bulky. Nevertheless you can't miss it in your make-up bag.

The benefits:

  • Lengthening
  • Thickening
  • Adds volume
  • Affordable and Accessible at £7.99
The not so beneficial factors:

  • I'm the type of girl that likes to build up mascara but not to an excessive extent. Only a couple of coats. When it comes to Lash Sensational, I find it extremely difficult to built the product up without feeling like my lashes are going to rip out.
  • Adding onto the latter point, it can look and almost feel very clumpy. Clumpy mascara is a huge problem for me! 
  • A couple of weeks down the line and the product is already drying up. 
  • Definitely not suitable for under the eyes. But then again, I find it difficult to find any mascara that doesn't transfer below my lower lash line.
  • REALLY difficult to remove. That obviously comes with the 'waterproof' territory but this is really hard to take off and puts me off wanting to use it. 
Do I sound like too much of a Negative Nancy?

It may come as a surprise but I do honestly really like this mascara. It does all of the things I want it to do, it's affordable and I love Maybelline as a brand. The only mascara I like to splash my cash on is Benefit's Roller Lash but apart from that i'm a drugstore gal all the way. Will I repurchase? Probably. Just not the waterproof version!

Have you tried Maybelline's Lash Sensational?









Post a Comment