My Go To Breakfast Smoothie







This is something quite different for me. I am by no means a health expert or qualified nutritionist, but I am starting to care more about what I eat these days and learning about the benefits of doing so. Basically, I've been heavily influenced by The Body Coach. As have most people in the UK at the moment.

I've recently written in a previous post that I decided to purchase a NutriBullet and that it was the best decision I have ever made. That wasn't the post Christmas/New Years blues talking. This claim still stands!

Breakfast has never been my thing. I find it really difficult to stomach anything in the mornings. I'm even more rubbish at waking up at an hour that gives me enough time to consume anything before I have to run out of the door for university. There's also nothing worse than being stuck in a 2 hour morning lecture on an empty stomach. Not to mention bloody embarrassing when your stomach constantly lets off loud roars of hunger.

My Boyfriend, Ed, has been trying to get me into breakfast shakes for ages. I wouldn't say that I'm a  fussy eater, but I initially had zero interest. It was the same scenario with Sushi. But over time they have both gradually grown on me. I can be a very stubborn individual and can get 'stuck in my ways'. (Ha). 

I finally gave in and I'm so pleased that these shakes have been introduced into my morning routine. It's an easy and quick way to get something healthy and nutritious down in the mornings. They're light, refreshing and delicious. And as an added bonus, they don't blend into a vile green colour!

Here are my very unprofessional measurements:

1. 1/2 Handful of Black Forest Frozen Fruits.
2. 1/2 Handful of Frozen Blueberries and Strawberries.
3. Half a Banana, chopped.
4. 1 Tbsp Peanut Butter. (I use the MyProtein UK Smooth Peanut Butter)
5. 2 Tbsp Greek Yoghurt
6. 1 Scoop of Whey Vanilla Protein Powder 
7. 150ml Almond Milk
8. 150ml Water

And Bob's your uncle! I wouldn't say that the protein stage is obligatory. I use it as I know that I don't have enough protein throughout the day. The Vanilla does add a difference to the flavour though.

Any blender will work for this but the NutriBullet is super quick and easy to clean.

Although I have found something that I really enjoy, I'm determined to 'unstick' my ways and try out more recipes.

What's in your favourite morning smoothie?
















Post a Comment