The Ultimate Make-Up Melter



If there is one thing that my Mum has drilled into my head over the past 21 years of my existence, It's to always take your make-up off at the end of the day. A task (yes, task) that I generally do in my day to day life, as yesterday's foundation smothered all over your pillow is not a pleasant sight to wake up to! Unless you've had a heavy night with the girls, there is no excuse.

A couple of years ago I used the same cleanser, toner and moisturiser for a very long time. I wasn't buying it, my Mum was. Therefore I wasn't in a position to properly experiment with different products. The Body Shop Vitamin E range was my ride or die skincare. However, since being at university I've started to read more about skincare and a new obsession for cleansers has been sparked!

Over the Christmas period, I introduced myself to The Body Shop's Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil. I call this the first step cleanser. The make-up melter. As with most cleansers, you massage it onto dry skin and remove it with either a warm soaked muslin cloth or a flannel.

As this product comes from the same family as the Camomile Gentle Eye Make Up Remover, It's damn good at breaking down your make-up and leaving you with a fresh canvas to carry out your night time skincare regime. I tend to follow up with a cream cleanser afterwards. But that all depends on the level of make-up layers that I have going on.

The oily side of things is a tad scary. When I first tried the Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil, I was wary of how oily and greasy the product felt on my finger tips. But It's pleasantly gentle and leaves the skin feeling clean and refreshed. And most importantly, the skin doesn't feel more oily than it should do. So please do not be alarmed! 

The only real disadvantage Is that I really don't like the smell. But hey, sometimes skincare isn't supposed to smell the best!

Find the Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil here for £13.00. 

What are your thoughts? :)






1 comment

  1. i just follow your blog.Nice post
    wwww.beautyisallaround6.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete