The Japanese Camellia Cream By The Body Shop


Before I commence with this post, I have to say that I hardly ever moisturise after a shower. Not all the time, but most of the time I can never be bothered. I live in Manchester. It's between 2-4 degrees right now and getting out of the shower can be painful! I feel slightly shameful for admitting that but I can't be the only one. 

The only part of my body that I have the time to moisturise in the Winter is my face because that is an impossible body part to hide.

Thankfully, I'm still quite soft and the elephant skin has yet to invade. I blame the genes. But of course by the Summer I will be moisturising religiously, because lets be real nobody wants to see crusty knees or elbows.

The Body Shop recently launched their premium Spa Of The World range which sparks joy in every aspect of the phrase. I received the Japanese Camellia Cream (£23.00) as a Christmas gift this year. Before I tore the paper off I assumed that it was a Bath and Body Works candle. However I was pleasantly surprised to unveil this beauty. And it has given me all the more reason to moisturise!

As the name would suggest, the product contains Camellia oil which The Body Shop claim has been used since the 8th Century in Japan in order to gently soften and moisturise the skin. 

Everyone loves a Body Shop body butter. I sometimes find them a little too thick and hard to work with. But they are undoubtedly the peoples choice when it comes down to high-street body creams. This on the other hand is still rich but has a smooth and weightless texture that is a dream to rub into the skin. The Body Shop describe it to have a light and velvety texture and I have to agree.

I am terrible at describing scents. So I'm going to go with 'It's bloody gorgeous'. I've recently tweeted about this product making me feel and smell irresistible. And It's true! I'm never usually a fan of floral scents but this is anything but empowering and It's beautifully subtle. Spa like if you will. The whole range have the same (but different) calming and tranquil scents that you would want your nose to inhale if you were in a spa environment. 

I also have the Polynesian Monoi Radiance oil which has rapidly become my go to holiday MUST have product. But that's a whole different blog post. 

The Dead Sea Salt Scrub is next on my list.

You can find the Spa Of The World range here.

What are your thoughts on the range? :)







  







Post a Comment