Which eyeliner works for you?

Eyeliner is a tricky old thing. I've never been good at it and after a few years trying, the term 'practice makes perfect' isn't very relatable. However, there are a fair few products out there that make our lives a little bit easier and our eyeliner a little more even.


In the last 2-3 years i've always reached for MAC's Fluidline Gel Liner in Black Track, accompanied by the MAC 210 brush. But like what happens with most gel pot eyeliners, they dry up, go a bit rank and don't function the way you want them to. Up until recently i've started branching out a little bit by experimenting with different products and formulas to either thicken up my lash line or to attempt a kick-ass cat flick. 

The findings

1. Soap & Glory Supercat Carbon Black Extreme Eyeliner Pen 
This product has a very sturdy tip that's just the right size to create a precise flick on the lid. I don't find it at all messy and for a drugstore product it's long lasting and doesn't seem to crumble by the end of the day/night. As much as I love splurging on the designer labels on the beauty market, as a student I sometimes have to be realistic and go on a hunt for products that are affordable and a great value for money. This product is definitely one of them.
2. Matte Black Eyeshadow
Along with the MAC Kohl Eyeliner Pencil in Feline, one of the easiest ways to line the upper lash line (with an added flick if you wanted one) is to use a matte black eyeshadow. The beauty of using these products is that you don't have to me neat. They can be blended out with a fluffy brush to create a smokey effect or even neatened up with a petite angled brush.
I go through stages where I tell myself that i'm 'totally over black liner'. It can sometimes be too harsh, not completely suitable for day time and a pain in the bum to correct if you mess up. And then I kindly introduced myself to the 3. Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Gel Liner in Brown at my local boots. The Rimmel gel pot eyeliners are great to begin with, but the shade Brown is very flattering on the eye. The Marc Jacobs Beauty Highliner Gel Eye Crayon is also an eyeliner favourite and probably forever will be.
What are your preferences when it comes to eyeliner? Powders, pencils, liquids, gels, creams...ahh there are so many! It's funny how most of us girls want the same look but sometimes need to use completely different products and techniques to achieve it.


P.S - I'm sorry for the repetitive photography. My brain's a tad fried from revising for exams so the creative goddess in me is lacking! x



Post a Comment